Easter Suncatcher Craft
- Printout of empty tomb picture
- Markers (any kind will work – even washable)
- Cotton ball
- Vegetable oil
- Popsicle sticks or paper for making a frame
- Tacky glue
- Color the picture using the markers. Try to use more light colors than dark, so your finished picture is bright and cheery.
- Put a small amount of vegetable oil on the cotton ball then rub over the picture. This will make the paper translucent, similar to vellum. If your picture seems extra wet, you can blot excess oil off the paper with a paper towel.
- Make a frame for your picture. You can use popsicle sticks, which you can also color with markers and decorate with stickers, etc. Another option would be to cut a square of cardstock or construction paper about 5 inches square, then cut a square out of the center approximately 3.25 inches square.
- Trim your picture to fit your frame and glue the picture to the back of your frame. Add a small piece of yarn for a hanger.
- Hang in a sunny window and enjoy!
Click here for a pdf of the Easter suncatcher craft instructions
Click here for a pdf of the picture of the empty tomb to color